Should I Parent or Place My Baby For Adoption?
As you weigh all your options, here are some additional points to consider:
• Do you currently have stable housing or will you need to look for new housing for you and your child?
• Do you have a partner who will help you raise your baby or will you be a single parent? If you will be a single parent, will you have any financial help from your baby's father?
• Do you have other obligations such as school or work that will keep you away from your baby for extended periods of time? Who will watch your baby during these times?
• What type of support system do you have? What type of support system will you need? Do you have reliable family and friends are willing to help as much as needed?
• Will you be able to afford or obtain parenting necessities such as a crib or bassinette, a car seat, and clothes for your baby? You will also need to consider supplies like bottles, blankets, bedding, diapers, wipes, etc.