We first met back in 2009 and became instant friends. We remain friends throughout college. Sherri graduated nursing school in 2012 and began a career as a critical care cardiac registered nurse. In 2013 Braheem was entering his final year of college and needed a tutor in math, it was than that he called his friend Sherri for help. We fell in love over food and algebra. Braheem currently is developing his skills at Timet, as a material handler and operator. We were engaged in July of 2015. One week following our engagement we were saved and devoted ourselves to God. It was than that we took our vow of celibacy.
We have been married for 3 beautiful years. We have two adorable dogs named Dallas and Philly that we love very much. We have seen each other through heart ache, loss, good times, new jobs and triumphs. We have been WAR tested and our faith in God has given us our strength to see our way through the storms. We always have each others backs. We are BEST friends!
Throughout our relationship we have longed to become parents. We have struggled with infertility and have suffered the loss of 6 miscarriages. We believe that God’s plan is always better than ours and his plan for us is adoption.
Sherri was raised in a small town outside Philadelphia. Almost all of her family is local and very close. Braheem was raised in North Philadelphia, where his immediate family lives. The rest of Braheem’s family lives in Roxborough, North Carolina. We are very close to our families and are actively involved with them. We have tremendous support from our families and our friends. Everyone has been waiting a very long time to meet the child that will become part of our family.
Education is extremely important to us. Sherri is not only a critical care RN she has worked for a Federally Qualify Health Center as a Clinical Nurse Educator. Sherri prides herself in educating her community on dealing with and fighting their chronic illness. Braheem currently studies the word of God daily and can be found out on the basketball court educating young youths about God and helping them make smarter choices in life. Both Sherri and Braheem can be found always ready and willing to help those in need.
We own a modest three bedroom home with a small back yard. We love remolding and decorating our home. We live in a small town just outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The town is culturally diverse and rich in history. We are very close to the state parks, where we like to walk our pups and get exercise. We are also close to many different playgrounds. We are located near a few private schools and not far from a local college.
10 reason why I love Sherri.
THROUGH THE EYES OF
1. She is incredibly gentle and loving.
2. She is intelligent. She is one of the smartest people I know.
3. Sherri takes great pride in her career and is a strong patient advocate.
4. She is an amazing cook!
5. She is really funny, we never have a dull moment.
6. She is spontaneous and outgoing.
7. She is an extreme animal lover.
8. I love how much she loves our family, friends, and the children in our life.
9. Sherri is so culturally diverse, culturally educated, and culturally sensitive.
10. Her willingness to serve others is her most greatest gift.
10 reason why I love Braheem.
THROUGH THE EYES OF
1. He is genuinely a kind loving gentleman.
2. There is not a person in the world that he would not help.
3. He is supportive, loving, and kind to his family.
4. He is a good listener and stays calm in any situation.
5. When he loves he loves with his whole being.
6. He is hysterically funny! He is so goofy and keeps me always laughing.
7. He has been my back bone through the good and the bad times.
8. He is the guy that holds the door open for you, he will carry groceries for an elderly women.
9. His faith in God.
10. His love for family and our nieces and nephews.