Our marriage is built on love, laughs, collaboration and compromise. Where one of us is tough, the other one is soft. Where one of us hates doing the dishes, the other one is great at it (thanks, Dave!). We face every new situation together, no matter how fun or scary or uncertain it may be.
And if Jeopardy ever does a couples competition, we would win it NO DOUBT!
We met in 2009 and have been getting better and stronger every day since then.
Our first date began at a bar in Brooklyn before going across the street to sing karaoke. At the time, Domenique didn’t realize that Dave had planned it all that way so he could impress her with his amazing singing voice. Spoiler alert: it worked! We have been together ever since.
We live in a town in upstate New York in a home we call the “Cats’ Cabin.” It’s a beautiful house from the 1930s with lots of light and a big backyard full of flowers . We love the fresh air, going on bike rides, visiting outdoor museums, seeing movies in the old theater and being part of our village community. There are farms everywhere and the best part of Spring is petting all the baby animals.
10 Reasons Domenique will be a Great Mom, By Dave.
1. She is, truly, kind.
2. She cares enough not only to listen, but to also remember what you said.
3. Family comes first, always.
4. Voice of an angel; you'll never want the lullaby to end.
5. Children genuinely listen to and like her.
6. She doesn't ever have to say it for you to know she loves you.
7. She can't wait to share her love of books and poetry with her child.
8. She is patient, forgiving, and empathetic.
9. She's willing to put up with a know-it-all who talks too much (me).
10. She's the support you didn't know you needed.
10 Reasons Dave Will Be A Great Dad, by Domenique
1. He is loving, loyal and will fight fiercely for his family.
2. He faces difficult situations with calm and smarts, which makes everyone around him feel safe and cared for.
3. Dave’s got great dad jokes.
4. He accepts people as they are.
5. He’ll teach our child to always stick up for themselves.
6. Dave gives really good hugs and loves to say “I love you.”
7. He’s the smartest person I know and is quick to share his knowledge.
8 He’s an amazing musician and will share that gift with his future child.
9. Working at a high school has given him a gift for relating to kids on their level.
10. Even if he doesn’t always do everything right (who does?!) he’s always ready to learn and grow.