The holiday season is a warm, fuzzy time. We are usually gathering with family and friends and enjoying traditions, old and new. This is a great time to add to your Adoptimist diary and share your unique family traditions! Be sure to include pictures of what you have been up to and tell the reader how much you are looking forward to including a child one day.
Here are just a few ideas, things you can just snap pictures of this weekend, to help show and tell your story in your profile.
• Decorating the Christmas tree or Hanukkah bush
• Visiting Santa (even if you do not have a child at home yet!) or enjoying some chocolate Hanukkah coins
•Putting up lights or decorations
• Baking cookies or building a gingerbread house
• Volunteering with a local charity
• Buying gifts for the local angel tree
• Putting out the menorah or nativity
• Playing in the snow or building a “sand snowman” (if you live in warm climates)
• Family movie night - holiday movies
• Big family meals and holiday cooking; whether it is a clam bake, teaching a new generation to make latkes, or making that twenty-five-pound turkey
Of course you do not have to include these specific things. Give a glimpse of the life YOU hope to share with a little one. Holiday memories, the little moments, and family traditions are what help to make each of us special and unique. These are perfect topics for your diary. Share them during the holiday season and all year long.