We first met over 4 years ago at Tyler's sister's New Year's Eve party. A couple of months after, we went on our first date and clicked immediately. We continued to see each-other every day for the following year, traveling together, developing mutual hobbies, and growing as a couple. On our one year anniversary, we got engaged while visiting Tyler's family in his home town of Butte, Montana. Our families were extremely supportive and excited that they would be getting a new member of their family.
We were married one year from our engagement in Seattle, surrounded by many friends and family - we could feel the love in the room. Within the same year, we added our puppy Luna to our family and bought our first home together with space for a growing family. We recently celebrated our 2nd year wedding anniversary and continue to learn more about each other every day; we make a great team.
We love cooking together, traveling, and spending time with our friends and family. We've knew we both wanted children since the beginning of our relationship and we are both passionate about being parents. It has been exciting to see how supportive and excited our friends and family are about us adding to our adventurous and loving family.
We have a warm and beautiful home. Our large kitchen encourages our culinary explorations and multiple bedrooms allows for frequent family visitors! Our neighborhood is diverse and close to all the city has to offer. There are parks, schools, open air markets, grocery stores, restaurants, and beaches within walking distance. We have a yard and garden that we spend many summer evenings and weekends in. We are excited to add love and excitement to our home with the addition of our first child!
Why am I a good husband?
- First off, we make a great team! There's no one else's team I'd rather be on than Tyler's.
- I support Tyler's dreams and ambitions (often times we have the same ones) and do the best I can to bring out the best in him, just like he brings out the best in me.
- I look at life playfully. There are serious moments, but most of the time I love to laugh, smile, and bring smile and laughter to others.
What will make me a great parent?
- I love kids. Kids tend to love me too, maybe because I'm good at voices and will quickly go into the world of make-believe with them.
- I have a lot of love to give. Raising a child in a loving home to grow up as a loving, healthy, happy, and good person is my goal.
- The list can go on and on, but most importantly our child will feel and know they belong in our family and in our tribe.
Why I'm a good husband:
- I strive for balance and put my family first. I love to have fun, but also love to learn and explore a serious or new subject.
- We know how to compromise and be sure we are always doing what right and best for our family.
Why I'll be a good parent:
- I am always eager to learn and try new things. I love to explore and use my imagination.
- I'm responsible and focused on growing a smart, emotionally intelligent, and empathetic family.
- I love ritual and am looking forward to adding a little person into the fold, and beginning new traditions.