We met in June 2005 when we lived in Illinois through some mutual friends. Okay, yes, it was a blind date, but luckily, our friends saw that we were great for each other and the rest is history!
After only three dates, Todd helped me move into my new house (if he is willing to help you move, you know he is a good guy) and proposed six months later dressed as Santa Claus. We were inseparable after that and married in June 2007, surrounded by all our family and friends.
After one year of marriage, Todd's job and warmer weather brought us to Texas. While it was hard to say goodbye to all our friends and family, it made us become even closer and stronger as a couple. After 8 years, we now call Texas "home" and find ourselves saying "Y'all!"
5 Things We Love
1. Our furry family members
2. Time with family
3. Traveling and exploring new places
4. The beach
5. Time with friends
We live in a large neighborhood in Texas. Our subdivision is very family friendly with three pools and several playgrounds, parks and ponds scattered throughout. The highly rated elementary school is located in our neighborhood and within walking distance of our home. There's also a Farmers Market close by where we go often and get some fresh meat and vegetables to cook for dinner. Our home is situated in such a perfect spot with great sunset views from our back patio. We have a nursery and a playroom waiting for the arrival of our child and our large backyard is just begging for a swing set and a sandbox!
Amy spent 10 years working in education as an elementary school teacher and curriculum director for a large school district and loved working with children! She decided to switch careers several years ago and now has a very successful jewelry business with a sales team. Continuing in her passion for teaching, she also leads business trainings and mentoring for her sales team. Amy's career provides flexibility to be able to stay at home with our child.
5 Things Todd Loves About Amy
1. She is passionate and she makes me feel so loved. Not only through her actions, but also through her words. I can't wait to see her share this same love with our child.
2. She is such a caring and compassionate person. She is always thinking of others before herself. She's the first to call a friend to catch up and to plan a get together.
3. She is so outgoing. It's amazing to watch her talk to anyone and become instant friends with them.
4. She is a planner. Whether it be planning our next exciting vacation or just what we are going to do for the weekend, she is all over it.
5. She is motivated in all aspects of her life. Professionally, she is so driven and talented! Personally, she keeps us organized and moving forward in our daily lives.
Todd has a very successful career as a claims department manager for a major auto and property insurance company. He has been with the company for 15 years now and enjoys having an office very close to home with the flexible option to work from home occasionally. His company is very family oriented and provides time off for new fathers too! He can't wait to spend those first several weeks at home with Amy and the new baby!
5 Things Amy Loves About Todd
1. He is a great listener. Whether it's good or bad, I know he will be there to listen. He is so level-headed and always helps me to see a different perspective.
2. He has a great work ethic. This has benefited him with a very successful career! At home, he does DIY projects and makes sure we have everything we need to be very happy.
3. He is very caring and compassionate. I know this will make him a great father to our child.
4. He loves to cook. And is really good at it too! It's been a great way for us to spend time together while he teaches me!
5. He is really adventurous. I have tried so many new foods and experiences with him. On vacation, he likes exploring ancient ruins or going on a hike to a secluded beach.