(Click to see a few pictures from our weekend!)
As I mentioned in other parts of our profile Ty and I are both teachers, and we’ve now had to start back to school. Our summer has gone by way too fast. These last couple weekends of ‘summer’, or I guess I should say ‘summer vacation’, have came and gone so quickly, but have been filled with lots of family fun.
Last weekend was our city days. It’s always a favorite, but when it gets here, it really means back to school. We spent Friday night at the concert in the park. Saturday was busy, but lots of fun. We started off with the parade, then that afternoon we had a pool party and BBQ with Ty’s extended family. The night concluded with the little town pageant and the best firework show in all of Utah. We can’t wait until we get to share these memories that we are making with our little one.
This weekend was again filled with sunshine and family. Saturday we spent the day at the water park with Ty’s family. Ty was helping his dad work on his truck and came over a little bit later. Our niece and nephew talked all day about taking Ty and their daddy down the big blue slide. And that’s just what they did as soon as the guys got there. After all that excitement, Ty and our nephew got stuck on the slide and Ty had to push their way down it. Haha. Our nephew told me that since him and I don’t get stuck he’ll just go with me next time.
That evening we had dinner with Ty’s entire family at our traditional Saturday night Mexican restaurant. (Yes, we really do go most every weekend.) After dinner we decided to take a ride up the canyon to look for deer and elk. While we were up there the guys spotted a herd of bull elk, and our niece was set on spotting a buck with her Aunt Britty’s help. It was definitely starting to feel like fall up there. We can’t wait. One of our favorite things about Utah is the four seasons. (That is, however, if we don’t go from 90 degrees to snow.) Fall is definitely a favorite season around our house.
We know it probably sounds repetitive throughout our profile, but we really do long for sharing these moments. It really is our promise to give your child all the love we can offer, and to make memories with them that will last a lifetime. This is our everyday life and we wouldn’t trade it. Sometimes it’s these simple moments with each other and our families that bring out the best memories.
It seems like everything we do now days comes with the following saying, “We can’t wait until we are doing this with our child.”
These are some of the moments that we live for and can’t wait to experience with our little one:
- We dream of sitting on the curb at the parade, gathering candy and other goodies with our little one.
- We dream of sitting around the campfire with our little one snuggled under a blanket on our laps.
- We dream of hearing the oo’s and ahh’s, and seeing the twinkle in our child’s eyes as they watch the fireworks.
- We dream of catching him or her at the bottom of the slide.
- We dream of dance parties in the car.
- We dream of seeing the excitement in our child’s eyes on Christmas morning after he or she discovers that Santa came.
- We dream of seeing our little one sitting on Santa’s lap at family Christmas parties.
- We dream of waking up to those cries in the middle of the night, and rocking them back to sleep in the nursery.
- We dream of reading stories each and every night.
- We dream of making up the trailer bed for our little one to sleep on while we are up camping, just like our parents made them up for us as children.
- We dream of our little one sitting in the saddle, up on the horse, with their daddy.
- We dream of watching our little one sleep peacefully in the comfort and safety of our home.
- We dream of seeing the excitement on our child’s face the first time they go to Disneyland.
- We dream of the moments that our child is so excited to play at grandma and grandpa’s with all of their cousins.
- We dream of Halloween costumes and trick-or-treating.
- We dream of our little one loving to point out the moon and stars every night.
- We dream of road trips, hotels, and camping.
Oh, how we could go on and on and one. There are so many moments that we can’t wait to capture as we watch a sweet baby grow to become the greatest version of themselves.