This is the section where we are supposed to "sell" ourselves on how awesome we are...? Well, truth is, we probably aren't any more awesome than the hundreds of other hopeful couples you've seen on here. More than anything, we want you to find the perfect family that jives with YOU. So, we won't bore you with yet another attempt at trying to say exactly what you might want to hear. Let's start with the big stuff. Oh! Maybe a "Top 10 things to know about Blake & Olivia"! ...and if it sparks any further curiosity, don't hesitate to send us a private message.
Ready? Here goes...
1. We have been together for 11+ years and are in love more than the day we met.
2. We are extremely social people and live in an awesome neighborhood full of love and support - community at it's greatest.
3. We are entrepreneurs that set our own schedule and generally work from home. We own a few businesses. But the short story is: Olivia is a very successful realtor and Blake is one of the top paragliding instructors in the country.
4. We are spiritual, but don't consider ourselves to be religious in the traditional sense. We are very open, accepting and educated on many beliefs and cultures.
5. Adoption has been on our hearts throughout our entire relationship. It's not a "plan B".
6. We are not perfect. But, we treat every bump in the road of life as a learning experience and try to grow from it.
7. Our home is our favorite place on Earth. But, we love to travel and believe that seeing the world is the greatest education.
8. We are very close to our extended families and they are in full support of our adoption journey.
9. We are hopeful for an open adoption on some level.
10. We are super active members of our local adoption community and have attended numerous support groups, education workshops and events.
Having children and adoption in particular has been part of our long-term plan our entire relationship. However, we never felt completely 'ready' (whatever that means) until we found our current home. It is a dream place to raise a child on so many levels. Our home is located at the end of our neighborhood in a cul-de-sac (almost zero traffic). It sits on the side of a mountain with views of the Wasatch range, the city and the entire valley. We share our cul-de-sac with some of our closest friends who all have children. The main reason we moved here is because of the paragliding flight park that sits across the street from our house. Blake is a paragliding instructor and most of his work happens in the park - literally steps from our front door. It's a big grassy park overlooking the city. While the park was built for paragliding, it is the epicenter of our entire community. On any given afternoon, the neighborhood kids meet there and play. The sky is always filled with dozens of brightly colored paragliders cruising around and the sunsets are simply amazing.
On the inside, our home is big and roomie. We have two pets; our tiny dog, Danni - and our giant fluffy cat, Pat. Our home is cozy, inviting and filled with good vibes!